Today’s Monday. My weekend of eating well did not go as planned. On Saturday, I was planning on eating lunch at home, but ended up going to McDonalds AND forgot my water bottle. I chose a McChicken, but had L&P with it, so hardly a great meal. That night I was out at a sports think and had sausages from a sausage sizzle for dinner – also not great for me.
Sunday, however, was a bit better. I took a packed lunch from home as well as a fruit bar, and had omelette for dinner.
Marcus and I bought a bench top water filter/chiller to help encourage us to drink more water. It’s working well, I think. It’s really great to have unlimited (well, as long as we remember to top it up) fresh, chilled water on tap. I’m definitely on top of my target water bottles per day – I think I had about 6 or 7 on Saturday and about the same amount yesterday too. You know, it’s right what they say about you having to pee less when you’re hydrated – those first couple of days where you drink and drink and pee and pee are horrible. Now I’m waterlogged, I pee about the same number of times as I did before, but I feel better, and less hungry.
In regards to my 5 fruit and veg a day, it’s been a bit of a fail, I have to say. Today I’ve had 2 servings, but I’m pretty sure we don’t have anything in the way of veges at home, so I might have another 2 servings of fruit tonight and that will be it. In saying that, I don’t want to get upset about it or feel like I’m behind – any effort I’m making is better that how I was this time last week, and I need to be proud of myself for that.
I’ve also done no exercise since my walk on Friday, but I do plan on doing at least a little something tonight or tomorrow. I really need to get into a positive mindset where any little effort I make is worth it – I think it’s so easy to get into that trap of ‘oh, but I have no time this week to exercise, so why even bother trying to eat better?’. Reality says of course eating better is worth it – nothing happens overnight, it all takes time!
So here we go, I’m taking baby steps to be a bit healthier, a bit fitter, and a bit happier.
No comments:
Post a Comment