Friday, October 29, 2010

C25k

So I completed W2D2 of the C25k program tonight.

I'm finding it really tough to have the motivation to get out there and run - it's hot, I'm tired, I hate having to shower afterwards, my legs are tired, my dinner's almost ready...you catch my drift. I find once I'm out there, I enjoy the exercise, and when I get home, I feel fantastic. It's really only 30 minutes, which is nothing. By the time I've warmed up and done a couple of minutes of the workout, my iPhone churps up that it's 1/2 way! I find those reminders fantastic, they help to refocus me. I only wish they had one extra alert at the 3/4 mark, it's usually around then that I find my enthusiasm waining again. And yes, I know it's a matter of 5 minutes later!

I knew motivation was going to be an issue right from the beginning. I asked Marcus to be my motivator - the idea being that when I lost internal motivation, he would bug me to go until I got sick of it and caved. Unfortunately, I overestimated his motivation for motivating me. He's a bit of an exercise-drop-out enabler. I've decided that means it's up to me. I've met a few people on twitter who are also doing C25K. Seeing their tweets saying they have completed another run makes me feel behind and guilty. It's a pretty good motivator to get outside and run.

I'm also doing well with the 200 sit-ups challenge. I completed week 2 tonight, and have been able to consistently do more than the maximum number of sit ups required in the last rep. I feel really great about going forward to next week.

Initially, I had thought that I wouldn't do the test at the beginning of week 3 as I'm pretty sure approximately how many I can do, and was just going to go for the hardest column anyway. However, I've decided it will be a good marker, 1/3 of the way though, to see how many I can do. In theory, I would want to be able to do almost 1/3 of 200 - about 65. I can currently do 40 after the other reps, although it is a push. I think that I'll be able to 65, or maybe even 70 if I'm fresh and rested. So that's the plan for tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll be able to blog again tomorrow with awesome news that I aced it!

1 comment:

  1. snap! I also have 200 sit ups.
    Have also learnt that app is useless also if I dont use it!

    ReplyDelete