Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Lazy Tuesday Afternoon

Today I have been super lazy. It's after 5pm, and I'm still in my pajamas, and haven't yet eaten breakfast or lunch.

My intention today was to go to work, but that didn't quite happen. I slept in until 2pm, then stayed in bed until about 4.30, when the power went out and my laptop went flat.

It was a total panic situation, if it wasn't for twitter for iPhone, I probably would have had to venture outside, into the wilderness (read:dairy) to cure my bordem. And yes, I know I should have been studying for my exams in a week, but I couldn't quite bring myself to do it.

Anyway, back to the power cut. The power went of, my fish tank stopped pumping, my computer wouldn't charge, I couldn't even straighten my hair. It was a horrible 20 minutes, where I walked from appliance to appliance, asking it out loud why it was broken; why it was doing this to me. Eventually, Marcus phoned (after about 10 frantic texts and phone calls), and talked enough sense into me to check the power box outside. I flicked a whole lot of switches, and nothing happened. I decided I was designed to sit down and actually study. Even the cat was sad for me, and tried to distract me by walking around on her hind legs.

I sat down, got all my books out to study, was just about to start reading when the power came back on! I've never been so grateful for a distraction! Of course, I needed to potter around to check that everything had restarted correctly, the time on the microwave was wrong (and what a big to-do to fix it - who designs those things?). I've convinced myself that there's so much I need to catch up on online that I can't possibly study right now. I'll do it tonight (that should be a new Tui ad).

So that's the story of why it's 5.15pm and I'm in my pjs.

No comments:

Post a Comment