This morning I woke up to meowing. I'm camping at the moment, so this is somewhat unusual. I ventured outside this morning and found 'Tent Cat".
Tent Cat only has one eye, and is a little bit skittish. 
I gave her some chicken, and a bowl of water.

She was happy to wander through the tent for most of the morning. She made me miss Charlie; I can't wait till I go home and get to cuddle her.
Today, we went for a drive to Rotorua. I had a Twitter competition to see who could guess where I was based off this photo. It was a massive fail. I was surprised at how few people (ie, none) could recognise this. This hill has always signified to me that we were about 20 minutes out of Rotorua.

We stopped by Wonderworld, a great marine fish shop in Rotorua. Even if you're not into fish, it's worth a look.
We saw kittens.

And puppies.

And bunnies.

And two super cute chinchillas, that I really really wanted. How are these guys not more popular pets???

We also saw what we came to see, the fish.
The pic below is a huge clam and some corals. The clam is probably 450mm x 400mm - pretty freaking big. It's over 25 years old, and has great colours.

These corals are hammer corals. I have a couple in my tank, but a whole tank of them looks amazing. Maybe I need to propagate mine to take over the tank.

We went to the luge in Rotorua. On the Gondala on the way up, we saw these dinosaurs. They originally lived in Taupo, but have now been moved to Rotorua.

The luge was cool, we went a gazillion times. My legs got a little bit sunburnt despite slathering myself in sunblock.
Here's the top of the luge.

And the chairlift on the way up. Daniel and I liked the scenic route the most - we could go fast and scare kids as we passed them super fast.



For dinner, we went to The BBQ Master, a new restaurant in Taupo where Cobb & Co used to be. It was okay, but I wasn't really hungry so I didn't eat much. It's genghis kahn style food that is cooked in front of you. They also made pancakes while you waited.
We went to the hot pools again tonight, but I drank too much water while I was there and now have a sore tummy. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment