Saturday, January 1, 2011

Camping, day seven

Today, it's officially the first day of 2011. I don't know when that would even be an unofficial thing, but today is the official day all the same.

Last night was reasonably uneventful. I went to bed at about 12.30pm, and watched a movie and chatted on IRC. The noisy people outside stopped at about 3, and I got to sleep just after 5.30, only to wake up again at 7 because of the sun. There was lots of retching and puking around this morning, but none from me as I didn't drink a drop.

It was nice to be the sober onlooker; usually I don't drink to the point of ridiculousness, but I still feel like my judgement of the situation is slightly impaired after a couple of drinks. Last night I was stone cold sober, so I could truly judge the carnage. I got a hug from a girl, who proceeded to stagger a couple of steps, vomit on herself then collapse on the road.

There were also kids running wild outside, their drunk parents too preoccupied to bother looking after them. A bunch of them jumped out at me as I left the toilets, and I, by reflex, smacked one of them in the head with a torch. Oops. Hopefully they got the message to behave.

Today is a nice, hot day with a bit of a breeze. My cousins and aunty and uncle have come over from Napier for the day, and we're going to the beach and then will have a BBQ dinner.

I hope this is how 2011 stays, nice, calm and quiet with minimal stress. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment