Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Couch To 5k

I'm thinking of getting into running again. I did a programme similar to the couch to 2k program a couple of years ago, and buy the end I could run 5k. I'd love to do it again, I love the idea of the freedom that comes with being able to exercise whenever, wherever I am.

Swimming is great, but you need togs and towels and goggles and a pool...it's all a bit much. If I learn to run, I can do it anywhere. I don't need to worry about a certain location to be able to run - I just need shoes (which I already have!) then I'm ready to go.

The C25k programme looks really good; you do interval training to help get your fitness up more quickly, and each week run longer intervals.

I think if I can do this program (3 days a week) as well as play underwater rugby on Mondays, underwater hockey on Sundays swim one more day a week, then this will be perfect. I'm going to go out tonight and do it. You've got to be in to win!

No comments:

Post a Comment