I blogged earlier about my voting experience today, and the lead-up to the election.
So, all that voting, and we got the expected result.
Kris Faafoi (Labour) won the Mana by-election 2010. Mana has historically been an easy Labour win. However, the stats are VERY interesting:
Faafoi - 10397 46.4%
Parata - 9317 41.6%
1352 special votes to be counted.
Jan Logie (Greens) came 3rd with 1493 votes.
Matt McCarten totaled 816 votes - I'm so glad that he didn't get more, I think I really would have lost faith in people.
Full stats can be viewed here. You'll need to click on the "Polling Place Details" link and download the spreadsheet. It's really interesting to see what areas voted for what candidate.
These results mean that there has been a 14% swing away from Labour towards National since the last election.
So I guess all that remains to be said is congratulations Kris, welcome to Mana. I understand he only has a year before the next by-election, so let's see what changes he can make in that time.
No comments:
Post a Comment