Thursday, December 16, 2010

Blog 5: Help in the kitchen

Blog 5: Help in the kitchen
How many kitchen appliances do you have? Which one couldn't you live without?


Ah, the kitchen. I try to avoid spending time in the kitchen because kitchen = food = eating = fat. In saying that, I love baking. Let's not be confused though, I only like baking, not cooking. Muffins, cupcakes, cakes, slices...those are awesome. Pasta, meat, veges...not so much.

I have a lot of appliances. A lot. More than you need really.

I have the obvious, and some more obscure ones too
~ fridge
~ oven (does that even count as an appliance?)
~ microwave
~ dishwasher
~ blender
~ electric can opener
~ milkshake maker
~ food processor
~ george forman grill
~ toasted sandwich maker
~ sodastreem (yes, it is spelt like that. Weird, huh?) - and I know it's not technically an appliance as it doesn't need electricity to run, but shhh!
~ electric fry pan
~ electric salt and pepper shakers/grinders (shittest present EVER, don't even think about giving someone one of these)
~ wine cooler (unopened, might regift)
~ ice crusher?!
~ magic bullet

There are probably some others I'm missing too.

Some of these are totally useless and unused. Like the milkshake maker, and ice crusher. They were a great idea at the time, but have fallen into misuse.

So what could I not live without?

Dishwasher
I love love love having a dishwasher. I'm so lazy that if I didn't have a dishwasher, I probably wouldn't eat at all.

Microwave
Before I moved out of home, my mum told me I needed a microwave and that I'd use it all the time. So did Marcus' mum. She told me I could cook vegetables in it. I suppose that would be all well and good if I ate cooked veges, but since I don't, a microwave seems like a waste of benchspace.

I use it primarily for making chocolate pudding and mars bar ice cream sauce. I have also used it for storing meat in to defrost so bugs can't walk on it. All in all, it's a waste of space, but a good place to but handy towels.

George Forman
This is awesome. It sears meat and bread and stuff, great for making awesome burgers. Total pita to clean though, but worth it.

Food Processor
Awesome for making garlic butter and cutting up eskimos for lolly cake. Mine is a direct drive one, which I've been told means that more power can go to the blades. Why I need an autobot cutting up my food, I have no idea.

This is actually the second expensive food processor I've had. The first one had a mishap with another favourite appliance, the dishwasher. I accidentally put the bowl thing in the dishwasher, without checking to see if it was dishwasher safe. For those of you playing at home; it's not. I know I probably could have bought a new bowl without spending lots on a whole new food processor, but I got it 70% off in a closing down sale, so I saved money, right? (New math for the win!!)

Anyway, I think that's enough about my kitchen. Sorry for the lack of pics, but I'm pretty sure you all know what a microwave looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment