Sunday, January 16, 2011

I'm making a website and it's really hard

I'm building a website. I've done one before, but nothing this complicated, and it's quite a scary prospect to brush up on my HTML, learn PHP, MySql, CSS and Javascript to do this. It's been insanely frustrating and rewarding, and I really feel like I'm getting somewhere with it.

Obviously, I haven't done this alone. There have been lots of great people who have helped me massively, and I just want to thank them. If I've forgotten to add you on this list, sorry!!!! You have helped, I just have a terrible memory!
  • @iClnt - found me video tutorials, and actually told me I wasn't crazy for doing this, even though it's probably a total lie
  • @Simon_w - This dude has been my very own mac tech-support :D
  • @JAMMAN2110 - I don't know why, but James has even helped me at 3am!
  • @Brian_NZ - read through all my code, AND was super nice about it!
  • @ardrigh - found the solution to the problem I had been stuck on for 6 hours in a matter of minutes, AND fed me. Thanks! :D
So, basically, I'm enjoying the journey of learning all this crazy stuff. I can see why people enjoy it, but no, @jethrocarr, PHP is not like sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment