Saturday, September 4, 2010

Pride in Hunger

I wonder if this is something other people have to battle with? Whenever I’m hungry, I unconsciously think ‘hunger means I’m getting thin’. Of course, it’s totally flawed logic, and I know that being hungry slows my metabolism. However, that doesn’t stop me from having a teeny bit of pride that I’ve managed to not eat for long enough to be hungry.

So how do I get over this feeling? It’s something I’ve had since I was 12 or 13; any time I was hungry, I would mentally reward myself for having the self control not to eat. It wasn’t the start of my not-so-flash relationship with food and weight, but it for sure was a warning sign.

I’m not sure if it’s as easy as simply not allowing myself to get hungry so the thought doesn’t enter my head, or if it’s going to be an ongoing issue. Maybe this will be a wait and see thing.

Does anyone else have this same issue at me?

No comments:

Post a Comment