Friday, February 4, 2011

23 things to do before I turn 23

We've entered Birthday Month.  Uh-huh, that means the countdown to D-day is on.  Turning 22 seems like a big turning point to me - we're talking not being a 'kid' anymore.  Well, I guess, technically, at 21 you no longer get presents from everyone in the family (as in, you go into the secret santa thing for adults), but I really feel like 22 is where I need to start sorting out my shit and growing up.

So, I'm going to start being a grown-up by getting my 23 things to do before I turn 23 list done - early!  I know this is totally unlike me (yes, that's me who was 20 minutes late to lunch, and 1/2h late to something else - in the same day!), but I'm going to do it!

Right, here's the list:
  1. Run a 1/2 marathon.  Yup, it's a long way.  Yes, it will be hard.  Yes, I will do it.
  2. Watch 12 movies.  That's 1 a month, and about 8 more than I watched last year.
  3. Back up my computer every month.
  4. Play some sort of music every day.  And by play, I don't mean push the play button on the computer, that's silly.
  5. Tell myself every day that I'm awesome, because I am.
  6. Tell one person every day why I love/appreciate them.
  7. Pick one more volunteer group and help out, because I'm a sucker for punishment.
  8. Brush my hair every day.  I know this is sort of a gross one, and I know my jungle baby hair is a hit on Twitter, but it really is time I started acting like a grown up.
  9. Get 4 massages, 4 haircuts, go to the dentist and doctor.
  10. Potty train Charlie.
  11. Complete the 100 Push Ups Programme.
  12. Complete the 200 Sit Ups Programme.
  13. Get at least 3 A's - A-'s don't count anymore.
  14. Meet at least 23 new people IRL.
  15. Set a regular plasma donation time, and convince 5 people to donate with me - giving blood saves lives.
  16. Resit my first aid and life saving certificate - must not let things like this expire!!!
  17. Have a baby - just wanted to see if you were reading, that's ridiculous.
  18. Go bungy jumping or skydiving or something up high - I can't be scared of heights forever.
  19. Get a colonic.
  20. Perform live, no matter how small - let's knock one more fear off the list, and I've done it before, I can do it again.
  21. Get a tattoo.
  22. Go to at least 5 things from the NZ Comedy Festival.  How do I miss it EVERY year?
  23. Organise and go to at least one social event a week - I know I hate people, but some of them are actually pretty cool.
  24. Represent NZ in UWR - that means training my ass off again, and getting over the shoulder thing, and it starts tomorrow.  Or actually, seeing as it's 2.30am, today, that's right, I'm going to the pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment