Okay, I'm really not in a blogging mood today, and I think I just need to bite the bullet and admit that sometimes, I just don't have it in me to write anything.
I do have lots and lots and lots of ideas, but I'm really just not feeling like I'm going to give them justice tonight.
So, here are some up and coming blog posts:
- Two doms, 1 sub - how does it work?
- Are young women wasted on young men?
- Equality in relationships - what happens if one person loves the other more?
- NZDating and why you shouldn't go near it, even with a HAZMAT suit.
- Why I have to conquer each of my fears.
- Why pain makes you stronger, and why it's okay to admit that you're scared.
- How volunteering is actually a selfish thing, and why I do it.
Okay, this was something I left off this post about taboos; how you tell someone they're smelly.
I sort of feel like this is a bit of a trick question. Clearly, it depends on who you're telling. If it's a homeless person on the street, for example, why would you even bother? A co-worker, you're probably going to want to be subtle and polite when bringing it to their attention, and if that fails, buy them deodorant and get incense for your desk. Room spray would help too, you can spray it when they come near. Offer them breath mints if that's the issue, and ask them if you smell, too. It's a bit passive aggressive, but they will get the message.
A partner is a bit of a different story. You're probably not going to want to hurt their feelings, so you need to be a bit delicate about the situation if you don't already have good, free flowing communication. I've never really been in a situation where I didn't have good enough communication with someone I was sleeping with that I couldn't say 'babe, you need to brush your teeth/have a shower'. I think that if the communication wasn't in a place where I could say that, I'd probably tell a little white lie and say that I was worried about my breath/BO, and that I was implementing a new rule were we both had to brush our teeth and shower before sex.
Sure, it takes away the spontaneity of sex, but will also get rid of the odor issue. I think once you have good communication channels, then you can be pretty blunt about it. Sure, you need to be careful that you're not doing in a way that offends them - the starting point is that you're talking about something that's traditionally embarrassing, so you've got to be a bit sneaky about the way you approach it. I think I would use the 'I love how you taste right after you've brushed your teeth' line, or 'you're delicious straight out of the shower'. That shifts the focus away from them, and more onto you. And it's not a lie, who doesn't love a body fresh out of the shower?
I'm going to leave with a little rant about a video.
This is S&M by Rihanna. It has been banned in 11 countries because the video shows a latex clad Rihanna whipping a restrained man. Apparently, it's 'too close to pornography'. I have seen a lot of porn, and considering there's no nakedness, no hint that anyone is there against their will, and is less sexual, IMO, that something like Satisfaction, I think the whole thing is a bit ridiculous.
I think the issue people have with S&M (the video and actual SM) is that it's something they don't understand. People fear what they don't know, so people are going a bit overboard and banning it.
The lyrics aren't exactly amazing, either.
"Cause I may be bad, but I'm perfectly good at it
Sex in the air, I don't care, I love the smell of it
Sticks and stones may break my bones
But chains and whips excite me "
No comments:
Post a Comment