Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Last year

Things I've done in the last 12 months (actually, more like 18 months, but shhh):

  • Turned 21 - had a great 21st with my family.
  • Started volunteering with Workers Rights Service, employment advocacy for low income Wellingtonians who have employment issues - represented a client, and got them what they wanted.
  • Helped Marcus through a personal grievance with his employer
  • Lived on 1 part time income
  • Experienced loss
  • Watched my dad suffer from a heart attack that should have killed him, and watched him recover, and become healthier than he's ever been
  • Started an autobiography
  • Started up underwater rugby in Wellington, arranged an international competition
  • Single handedly took 40 under 18 year olds to Auckland for an underwater hockey tournament for 4 days
  • Started running, and ran 10km
  • Spent 2 weeks travelling the South Island
  • Got the top mark of the class in a Law paper
  • Changed degrees (again)
  • Started using Twitter properly, stopped using Facebook
  • Met some amazing people
  • Lived for 8 months without my best friend
  • Started blogging
  • Gained 20kg, lost 17kg
  • Changed power companies, halved my power bill (I'm not kidding, I love you, Powershop)
  • Started respecting myself, and loving who I am
  • Got a kitten :)
  • Realised how much I hate my weekend job.
All in all, I think this year has been okay :)

2 comments:

  1. holy crap - that is EPIC!
    Nice work!
    At this rate you will have taken over the world by the time you hit 40.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm actually hoping for World Domination by the time I hit 30, with an eye on Mars for 2030.

    ReplyDelete