Saturday, February 19, 2011

Mean Girls

Girls are total bitches.  There's a reason I have more guy friends that girls - because girls are backstabbing, horrible bitchy bitchy things.  That's not to say all girls are - obviously, I don't think I am, but I guess when put in the right situation, all girls can be.  

We've all (male and female) had experiences with bitchy girls doing things just for the purpose of upsetting other people.  It seems like it's stupid and petty; and you know, it is.  I don't understand why girls do it.  I guess it's some sort of leg up over girls.  

It seems to be a manipulation tactic that women - but I don't know why.  Surely, girls know what other girls are doing.  I can pick it from a mile away.  And boys see right through it too - most of them who are 'falling' for girls' manipulation techniques are going into it knowingly, it's not like anyone's tricking them.

So what's the deal?  I know a girl (let's call her Emma, because that's her name), who seduced her friend's (for the purposes of this story, Lauren) boyfriend (we'll call him Charlie).  It turns out that Charlie was also involved with another girl, Lana, AND Ria.  

Firstly, how can one guy have that much time??  And second, how the hell could Emma go out with say, Lauren and Charlie, knowing that she's trying to seduce him behind Lauren's back?  How do you have the balls to do that as a friend?  How do you have the balls to tell the friend that she should break up with her boyfriend because he's a cheater - when you're the one who made him cheat in the first place?

Sure, it's really easy to say that if guys didn't want to cheat, they wouldn't allow themselves to be seduced.  And maybe that's true.  But is it really a fair test when you're literally shoving your tongue down a guy's throat?  I'd argue that it probably isn't.  I don't think there are many people who would be able to resist an insistent person coming on to them.  

Is it cheating if they fall for it and become involved?  Sure.  Is it their fault?  Maybe in part, and it wouldn't make me any less upset about it, but really, the blame should lie with the person doing the seducing, because but for their actions, the cheating wouldn't have occurred.

I don't understand why girls would try to prove themselves right by getting a guy to cheat.  I don't see what point it's proving.  And I don't see how that makes the guy the bad person - surely, if you know that two people are together in whatever capacity, then your attempted seduction is much worse that his infidelity, especially if you claim to be friends with the girl involved.  So girls, have you ever knowingly tried to get a guy to cheat? Have you ever had this happen to you, or am I the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment