Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What if?

Last night I went to bed hoping that this Christchurch earthquake wasn't real.

What if I woke up, and the earthquake was just a bad dream?

What if I woke up, and I didn't know anyone had died?

What if we had less strict building codes?

What if New Zealand goes bankrupt?

What if things had been different and I was still with my first boyfriend?

What if things had been different 6 years ago?  What would my 6 year old daughter look like today?

What if my dad had died when he had his heart attack?

What if I had decided to go to med school rather than law school?

What if my family had moved to Japan?

What if we had stayed in the US?

What if I had chosen to go to another school?

What if I could cry right now?



I don't know what if.  This is the worst birthday ever.

2 comments: