Sunday, January 23, 2011

Today I woke up

Today I woke up feeling depressed. Not that sad feeling you sometimes get when you break a nail or forget to set your alarm, but full blown too-empty-to-get-out-of-bed depressed. I'm lucky, it doesn't happen often, doesn't typically last long, and usually, I recognize it early enough to nip it in the bud before it takes over.

There doesn't necessarily have to be a trigger for it, although, in this case, there was. I find a really great way to make myself feel better is to clean while listening to music. It's a pretty awesome outlet; my house gets cleaned, and in the process, my soul gets cleaned too. It's win-win.

While I was on my mad cleaning spree, I listened to and watched the video for Fuckin Perfect by Pink. It helped me to remember that no matter how awful things are right now, there's a possibility that tomorrow isn't going to be so bad. And that no matter how bad things get, there are billions of people in the world; one of them HAS to love me. It's simple statistics.

When it's bad, remember that it's not always going to be bad. When you hit rock bottom, you have nowhere to go but up. And up is pretty cool sometimes. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment